What is it?
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a lung (respiratory) illness that can spread from person to person.
What are the symptoms?
- Shortness of breath
How does coronavirus spread?
Coronavirus can be spread in several ways. Click here for more information.
How to protect yourself?
- Use hand sanitizer or wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before and after eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Use tissues to cover coughs and sneezes (and throw tissues away)
- Clean and disinfect items and surfaces that are frequently touched with a household cleaning spray or wipe
What do I do if I think I have Coronavirus?
- Stay home except to get medical care
- Call ahead before visiting your doctor or the nearest Emergency Room for advice
- Minimize contact with others
- If you have shortness of breath, call 911 immediately but inform them that you may have the virus
For All Patients:
- If you have traveled in the past 14 days to one of the following Level 2/3 countries: China, South Korea, Europe, Iran, Japan, England, Ireland, please notify your physician as your surgery may need to be rescheduled out of safety precautions.
- If you have a visitor or someone accompanying you on the day of surgery, please make sure they have not traveled in the past 14 days to a Level 2/3 country as they need to stay home and seek further medical advice.
- For the safety of our patients and staff, there will be no visitors allowed at this time.
For more information, visit the CDC website at cdc.gov/coronavirus